TikTok is a fun social media app that has been popular for the past few years. A lot of people want to change their age on TikTok in order to access content they can’t see because they are too young or old. But how do you actually change your age on TikTok? The good news is, it’s not that difficult! In this article, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to do just that.
Go to your profile on TikTok and tap the three lines in the upper left corner. This will bring you to a new screen that displays all of your information – including how old you are! Tap “Profile”, scroll down, and select “Edit my public age.” A window for editing this will pop up.
– Select ‘public’ or enter 18+ (or whatever is appropriate) under Age Restrictions
– Enter Private under Privacy Settings (so only those people who have added you as their friend can see how old they think you are)
– You might want to change other parts of your profile too if it’s not already set up with what you want it to be about – like name, bio description etc.
– Once you are done making changes, tap “Done” in the upper right corner of the window.
You’ll be taken back to your profile and will see that your age has been changed! You can always go back and edit it again if necessary by following these same steps.
If at any point you want to change how old other people think you are (you’re 18 but they don’t know), simply follow those three easy steps – open TikTok on your phone or come back here to this blog post, select Edit my public age under Age Restrictions, enter Private for Privacy Settings so only friends who have added you as their friend can see how old they think you are…and make sure to do all of this in the right order.
– Every time you enter a new age, your old one will be saved and updated so if you want to go back in an edit it again later on, no problem!
– You can also change how long ago posts were made by changing that number at the top of each post – just add or subtract however many months from today’s date and click “Post” when you’re done making changes.
If at any point you want to change how old other people think you are (you’re 18 but they don’t know), simply follow those three easy steps – open TikTok on your phone or come back here to this blog post, select Edit my public age under Age Restrictions and adjust accordingly.
– Once you’re done, click “Done” to finish editing and go back to TikTok or refresh this blog post if you need to edit it again!
If at any point someone reports your profile (you’re 18 but they report that your public age is 17), just follow these three steps: open up their account page on tiktok, select Edit my public age under Age Restrictions and change the number in the top right of each photo from 18 years old to whatever your current age is before reporting them for breaking rules. Remember – other people can see how old they think you are so make sure everything looks exactly as it should. For example…if I was 16 when I last edited my profile, but now I’m 17, my public age should be 16.
– You can also make your private account on tiktok and only share it with people who you want to see what you’re up to!
– When you first open TikTok, the app will ask for access to your location (if turned on) so that they can show relevant content in their Explore section based off of where you are. If this is a problem for you or if you never turn on Location Services just click “No thanks” and continue using the app as normal without any changes.
– Once saved into Accounts/Privacy Settings: tap Edit under Profile and scroll down until find Privacy Controls tab – then set Private Account option which will hide your account.
– To edit how many friends you want to see on your profile, go back up and tap Friends tab then adjust the slider under “Show”
– Tap anywhere outside of the three grey circles at the bottom right corner of this screen to save changes.”