Do you have a fallout 4 companion? Do you ever wonder what kind of ammunition they need? If so, then this article is for you. The first thing that we will do is figure out which ammo type each companion needs based on their weapon type and special abilities. This article will help make sure your companions never run low on ammo when they are fighting by your side!
– Codsworth, the robot butler: .38 rounds and shotgun shells. He has no special abilities.
– Dogmeat, your loyal companion dog can use multiple types of ammunition based on his weapon type for example, if you equip him with a rifle he will shoot regular bullets; when equipped with a hunting rifle he shoots armor piercing rounds; and when equipped with an assault rifle he uses pulse ammo that deals extra damage to ghouls)
– Nick Valentine, detective extraordinaire: mmm… chems (Nick’s area of expertise is finding clues by interrogating suspects). As such, it is not necessary to supply him with any other kind of ammunition because all shots from his revolver are guaranteed critical hits! You’ll just need to make sure you have enough chems for Nick so he can hit the ground running.
– Preston Garvey, Commonwealth Minutemen: .38 rounds and shotgun shells. He has no special abilities
– Piper Wright, journalist extraordinaire: revolver rounds with a hunting rifle as backup (Piper is more of an expert in close combat than ranged)
– Codsworth, your faithful robot butler: pulse ammo at long range or frag grenades up close (Codsworth’s main weakness is his lack of melee attacks).
The Fallout series has a rich history of introducing the player to fascinating characters, both friendly and hostile. Your protagonist in Fallout 76 will be accompanied by three friends for most of your adventures: Dogmeat, Cait, and MacCready. In this article I’ll take an in-depth look at each companion’s requirements for ammunition so you can make sure they’re ready to go when needed!
Nick Valentine – Nick is an expert detective who relies on his revolver as his weapon of choice (Nicks area of expertise is finding clues by interrogating suspects). As such, it is not necessary to supply him with any other kind of ammunition because all shots from his revolver are guaranteed critical hits! You’ll just need to make sure you have plenty of bullets for your own use!
Cait – Cait is a talented sniper who relies on her rifle as her weapon of choice. As such, she needs to be supplied with .308 caliber rounds in order to keep up firing at enemies from afar. If you have any ammo left over after supplying yourself and Nick Valentine make sure to stash it away so that Cait can always stay stocked up during battle sequences!
Nick’s revolver fires all shots as critical hits which means he doesn’t need any other ammunition besides the player’s own supply when playing Fallout 76. However if they’re low on bullets or are looking for an easier way through some combat sequences then there are four different types of ammunition available: regular pistol rounds (pistol) , .45 ACP rounds (revolver) , shotgun shells (shotgun), and dumdum rounds (.308 caliber).
Sophie – Sophie is a powerful melee fighter who relies on her fists of fury for laying the smackdown. To help keep up with this onslaught, she needs to be supplied with any type of ammo that’s considered “junk” in order to make use of it as an energy source. This includes copper, brass or steel casings; lead pipes; screws; glass bottles etc. These can often be found by eliminating enemies from close range so supply your newly acquired companion accordingly!
Deacon – Deacon has built his reputation around using explosives during combat sequences which means he needs plenty of ammo that’s powerful and easy to use. This includes any type of dynamite, grenades or missile launchers etc.
Nick – Nick specializes in stealth so he doesn’t need a lot of ammo for his weapons since they’re mainly used as distractions during combat sequences. Instead, make sure you supply him with drugs like jet or psycho which will boost their adrenaline and put them into an enraged state!
Curie – Curie is the only companion who needs ammunition for two different weapon types; her trusty rifle and shotgun so as not to be left out when it comes time to take on enemies from long range or up close respectively. It seems some small arms rounds are needed at times but she keeps plenty of those handy thanks to being such an efficient scavenger.
Cait – Cait likes to use rifles with a high rate of fire so you should supply her with plenty of ammo for them and that includes bullets, shells or laser musket rounds as they’re all the same type (and easy enough to find in the post apocalyptic wastelands). You’ll also want to give her some drugs like jet or psycho which will boost their adrenaline and put them into an enraged state!
Dogmeat – Dogmeat is much more combat oriented than any other companion but he can’t carry around heavy weapons without slowing down considerably. Instead, just make sure you keep him supplied well with different types of ammunition like small arms rounds which are perfect for his trusty rifle because it’s light weight and he can carry a lot of ammo for it.